Twitter Follow Me

“ It is not enough to take steps which may some day lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Monday, March 29, 2010

Day Fifty-Seven: Weigh-in 8

Published by Meg at 1:44 PM

That's two months now of success...well relatively two months...two lunar months--there that sounds better. I'm down to 269.0lbs! Only 9lbs from my mini-goal. It's hard to believe now that I ever doubted I could even lose this much. Even better, my BMI is 0.9 points away from morbid obesity. Granted, I have a ways to go before I'm just overweight or in a healthy weight range, but that means something.

I've been sick since my last post. Seems my allergies triggered a sinus infection and post-nasal drip...which has now caused a nasty cough and what feels like a mild case of bronchitis. So, I've been sleeping late in the mornings and drinking a lot of tea. Actually, all I drank at work yesterday was hot tea. Which definitely helped pass the 11 hours--well reading Harry Potter might have helped a bit more than the tea, but at least the tea made breathing bearable. I would have skipped work, but I can't. Not only do I need the money, but my boss wasn't even in town yesterday.

I was actually concerned that being sick would make me careless in what I eat, but overall, I wasn't. I even exercised most days. Though I did take yesterday off due to the bronchitis. Seems as though nothing's going to slow me down.

3 comments:

Anna said...

I love the new look! Are you going to reward yourself when you reach your mini-goal? Way to go for sticking with it even through being sick... I tend to wimp out. :) Good job!

Meg said...

Thanks! When I get to my mini-goal, my mom and I are going for manicures and pedicures--since it'll probably be close to her birthday/mother's day.

I was actually surprised I felt better after working out even when I was sick, though I did wimp out one day, lol.

Jess said...

That's great! Wow, you're a trooper. Sticking with it even though you're sick. That's the way to go though. It's weight loss, but through healthy living, so just because your sick doesn't mean all that good stuff goes out the window. I'm proud of you for toughing it out!

Hope you feel better soon :)

Post a Comment