Twitter Follow Me

“ It is not enough to take steps which may some day lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day Fourty-Six: Weigh-in 6 and Daydreaming

Published by Meg at 8:46 AM

Well, I'm later than I was last week and haven't blogged anything in between. I think perhaps next month I'll make it a goal to blog more. But for now I'm just so busy. I've been keeping up on everything weight-related but this, luckily. Exercise 6 days a week, lift weights 3 days a week..might find some core exercises for days I'm not lifting. Overall, I'm starting to see an improvement. Which, considering how much I have to lose, is encouraging.

275.6 lbs. Down another two pounds from last week. I was worried I wouldn't lose anything this week, considering we went out for sushi last week and got the all you can eat deal. I had a cucumber roll and a caterpillar roll, but I know I ate to much--considering I wasn't hungry until 7 hours later. Definitely won't be doing that again. One roll is more than enough. I didn't beat myself up over it. If I had, I would have binged that entire night and felt too crappy to get back on the horse the next day. Instead, I just shrugged and carried on. Lesson learned.

I'm also more than halfway to my mini goal. 15.6 more lbs! If I keep things up, I should meet it right before mother's day--which is also my mom's birthday. So spa day for the both of us! That or Disneyland. Haven't been there in a while. The only problem I have with Disneyland is that, while I've never had a problem getting on the rides before, that's always a big concern with me. Perhaps we'll hold that trip off until next year--or even the end of the year.

On another note...I've been daydreaming a lot lately. About things I'll do when I reach my goal weight--or get near to my goal weight. Something in the back of my mind keeps telling me to stop, that I could be setting myself up for failure if I don't focus on the present. However, the daydreams make me happy, I guess you could say. One could call them a motivator. Right now, they're mostly a happy distraction from my workout and much preferable to counting down the seconds until I'm done (which, let's face it, I do anyways). What do you think? Healthy or perhaps a bit harmful?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My psychology brain says "Envisioning yourself at goal helps your brain learn how it feels to be successful. Imagining exactly how you will look and how it feels to be at that weight will motivate you and encourage you to work towards that feeling".

My non-psychology brain says if it makes you happy, do it!

Jess said...

Your day dreams shouldn't just be daydreams! Make them a reality! I think day dreaming is great because it's a small way of setting mental goals. Oh man, a SPA day?! That's awesome. I won't be getting that for awhile (because it's a reward for another goal of mine which won't happen for awhile) but let me know how that goes! Keep up the good work, you're almost to your mini-goal!

Post a Comment