Twitter Follow Me

“ It is not enough to take steps which may some day lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day Eighty: Denying Cravings

Published by Meg at 10:52 PM

I've been so, SO hungry today. I don't know what it is. Every time I've turned around I'm denying cravings to shove food in my mouth. What's worse...all I wanted was fast food. Not even subway...but Carl's Jr., McDonalds. It's honestly like those weight watcher commercials with "hungry" constantly hanging over me. I nearly broke too. I was so ready to just cave in and go to McDonald's after work. But...I didn't. Even though I had barely eaten today, I held off to have a decent meal when I got home. Glad I waited too--because McDonald fries seriously don't compare to baked sweet potato fries. Not that I would have gotten french fries...I think.

I blame the hungry thing on waking up so late today. Didn't roll out of bed until after 10--I felt so lazy. It really screws me up to wake up any later than 9. With me staying up and sleeping in over spring break, it might take a while to get it fixed. Hopefully not too long. I don't want another day like today.

Finished W3D1 yesterday. It was a lot easier than I was afraid it would be. It didn't even bother me running that long barefoot--it's definitely getting easier. I think I'm finally building up some calluses. I probably won't be able to do the entire C25K barefoot, but I'll definitely have to wait to finish to get some vibrams. Trying to save up some money and things are getting tight right now--and I need to set aside money for my mom's birthday next month.

Unofficially, I stepped on the scale today. 258lbs. I'm under my mini-goal! Of course it won't be official until Monday, but I'm ecstatic. I haven't weighed less than 260lbs in over two and a half years. Soon, someday very soon, I'll be thin. This is the time it all works, I'm sure of it now.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I have been dealing with cravings lately, too! I wonder if it has to do with increased exercise. Darn that running! :)

Congrats (early) on making your mini goal!!

Jess said...

Wohoo! Nice unofficial weigh-in.

Whenever I'm craving something, I drink water. Usually, I'll get a random soda craving when I'm really thirsty. As for other things, I don't know. I can eat a single serving or two and be satisfied. I haven't had crazy binge-fest feelings lately. I think it has to do with crazy amounts of exercise suppressing my appetite.

HOWEVER, if you ARE hungry, you SHOULD eat. I mean, there's a reason why your body physically wants food. It needs nourishment! You did a great job resisting McD's and waiting for home.

Keep it up with C25K! Keep pushing yourself and you'll just keep seeing results :)

Post a Comment