Twitter Follow Me

“ It is not enough to take steps which may some day lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Monday, April 5, 2010

Day Sixty-Four: Weigh-In 9

Published by Meg at 10:41 PM

Weight 4/5: 266.6lbs That's 30lbs. Time for another reward! 10lbs, I bought a book, 20lbs I bought movies, 30lbs...perhaps another book. I've run out of room for movies. Don't even ask how many I have.

Sometimes, I honestly feel redundant when I mention that I've lose weight for yet another week. It's almost like I'm not having problems losing weight--which, ok, in all honesty I'm not. Still...it's almost too easy. Makes me wonder why I didn't do it before or why some of the people I know have such a hard time. Alright, I do. It's not easy. I suppose a lot of it is state of mind and overcoming the psychological aspects that have to do with why people eat. Why did I eat? Boredom. Depression. Gluttony. Greed. Looking back on it, I think those are the reasons. Now however, I can't imagine eating differently than I do. Still, I need to keep pushing and keep that drive going in the back of my head so that I don't fall off the horse. Every time I think of keeping on top of my weight loss efforts, I can't help thinking of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: "Constant vigilance"--yes I'm a huge dork.

Oh and before I forget...again...time for more goals.

April Weight Loss Goals

Reach my mini-goal: 260lbs. This shouldn't be hard considering I'm losing more than 2lbs a week. Still, I think I might be reaching a tad bit. But at the same time, that's a good thing. Constant vigilance.

Start the C25K program. I won't lie. I'm a bit daunted by this, but I want to run. I really want it. And even if I'm not in the best shape now and I still have my asthma to worry about, this looks easy enough to do.

Core/Ab workout 3x a week. Since this is the area where I have the most fat and the area that even when I weighed less, I neglected, I think it's about time I showed it some attention. I think next month I'm going to start doing pilates to work on my core, but for now, it's a regiment of crunches and some planks.

Start cooking more. This could go under my other goals, but I'm going to put it here. Mostly, I think processed, prepackaged food definitely isn't the way to go. It's convenient, of course, but so unhealthy for the most part. Sadly, I don't have a lot of time to cook between classes and working 7 days a week. I'm just going to have to make more of an effort, however.

April Non-Weight Goals

Blog three times a week. Wow. I'm a pathetic blogger. I need to start following and getting followers in return, but to do that, obviously, I need to blog more. Since MWF are my less busy day, I'll aim for those.

Start knitting again. As I'm getting happier and my depression is ebbing...I'm also getting bored. My mind is more active, and while it's not necessarily brain conditioning, it's something to keep me occupied. I like having my hands busy. Maybe I'll even hand out knitted gifts again this year!

Read 2000 pages. Random as the above goal, but...I miss reading. I just finished rereading the last four Harry Potter books (like I said, nerd), and it made me realize just how much I miss reading. So I'm going to compile some books I've been meaning to read, pull a few I never got around to off my shelf, and look for some inspiring biographies perhaps.

Go down to see a school counselor. Putting that back on the list for obvious reasons. I need to know where to go from here. Considering I'm feeling a bit lost and overwhelmed, this is a good place to start.

For now I think that's it. I have more things I want to do, but I'm pacing myself. I'll finish those and then see if I can work on some more. Until Wednesday *crosses fingers*

2 comments:

Anna said...

Congrats on meeting another goal! I too wondered why losing weight was so hard but you're right, when we think about it, it's easy to see why so many people (my prior self included) fail at it.

You will do great with C25k!! I'm anxious to hear how it goes! :)

Jess said...

Knit me something! That could be a good goal :) I'm glad you're rewarding yourself though! Positive reinforcements is the best way to get things done!

I AM SO EXCITED YOU ARE GOING TO START RUNNING! I won't lie. I was terrified of running when I was at 263 pounds. I won't lie. I didn't start running until I was 185 (in May 2008) and then I stopped because I was abroad. So, you are starting way before I even started! That's GREAT!

Start easy, but be consistent. It's not your SPEED but your consistency. It's not how fast you can sprint for 30 seconds, but how long you can last. If you have to jog at 1.0, so be it. But be consistent :) I know you can do it! Don't forget to rest! And listen to your body. You are training with asthma (which I have no experience with) so do push yourself, but don't pain yourself.

I am so excitedddddd! I want to hear about your awesome progress because I know you'll be achieving new goals!

Post a Comment