Twitter Follow Me

“ It is not enough to take steps which may some day lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day Seventy-Two: Weigh-in 10

Published by Meg at 11:51 AM

Weight 4/12:263.4 lbs!

3.4lbs more to go before my mini-goal! I seriously didn't expect that big of a weight loss last week with me going over my calories on most days. But, I guess that big hike and the addition of the C25K program really helped! Mostly, I think it might have been the hike. I weighed myself on Friday and was sitting at 265.4lbs, so definitely was a big jump from that. Looks like I wasn't too swollen or bloated after all!

Week 2, Day 1 of the C25K was just completed this morning. This day...kicked my ass a bit. I tried the running bits at 4.7, but halfway through, I had to slow back down to 4.5. My calves were burning and I was getting to be out of breath after a minute of running--even the walking wasn't slowing my breathing down enough towards the end. So I think I'm going to have to stick with 4.5 for now. The important part isn't the speed, the important part is doing it and sticking with it! A big thanks to Anna and Jess for being my inspiration for starting this and wanting to run as badly as I do! You guys are awesome!

I have a confession to make. I hate crunches. So, I've missed a day of crunches and right now I don't feel like doing them today either. Sigh. But I will. I promise. I will get off my lazy bum and on the floor and do them.

Edit @ 12:38pm
Jess described herself as being more than a number on a scale and asked who everyone is (definitely a must read post). So I thought I'd share my response to her post on my blog..I modded it a bit too:

I’m an anthropologist who's going to get her degree in bio chem, too! I’m an amateur-baker, knitter, a writer, an avid-reader, and even though I’m no longer interested in it professionally, I’m a singer and actor. I’m also a dog lover and a nature lover–a soon to be hiker and runner. I’m a girlfriend and a daughter and a niece and friend and someday I’ll be a mother and wife. And no matter what, I know that people love me for who I am, not what I look like or what the scale says.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Meg! You must be so pleased :D Be proud x

Meg said...

Thanks!! I am. I never thought I'd get this far, honestly, so every week is a bit of a surprise.

Anna said...

Can you believe you have been at this for 3 months already? Time flies... 3 months and 33 lbs to be exact! That's amazing! You are doing a great job. :)

Yeah I totally have those reservations about India. On the one hand I'm like...eh, INDIA. Who wants to go there? On the other hand I feel like it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, you know? I have so many questions!

Dean Sebourn said...

I hate crunches too!

Meg said...

I know! Time does fly, it's scary sometimes lol.

Haha, you should find some travel sites and ask around a bit. I only know what little I do from a friend who's from there, but I'm sure you could find lots of info and suggestions!

And yes, crunches are satan's domain. *still hasn't done them*

Post a Comment