Twitter Follow Me

“ It is not enough to take steps which may some day lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Monday, April 19, 2010

Day Seventy-Eight: Weight-in 11

Published by Meg at 10:54 PM

I'm SO close to my mini-goal. 261.2lbs. I don't know why but I was hoping I'd be able to do it this week, even though it would have been over three pounds to lose. Not too disappointed though. Last week wasn't fantastic as far as staying in my calorie range. Plus I had a few beers last week I didn't count--and that I definitely don't regret. I hardly drink. So it's been a treat.

Saturday I finished W2D3, barefoot again. The balls of my feet were blistered and my calves were killing me by the end of it, but I made it. I think when I finish the C25K, I'm going to get a pair of Vibrams. That will be my reward for finishing. Maybe if I set a reward for my core workout/crunches, I'd actually do them. I swear, I don't know what's wrong with me. I can't wait to get up in the morning and go work out, but crunches? I'd rather not, thanks. Next month I think I'll start doing pilates instead. Hopefully, that will ll be more enticing and not so boring. Still, I really should finish them this month. Someone kick my butt for me!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow and starting the next week of C25K. Though I admit, I'm nervous about being able to run for 3 minutes. I've ran for seven minutes straight before I started this, but it still feels like something to tackle. Hopefully I'm in better spirits. Today...has been horrible. Constantly fighting with my mom today has drained me. I didn't even think I'd find the motivation to go work out, but I was glad I did--it helped relieve some of the stress. Tomorrow has to be better. It just has to be.

1 comments:

Jess said...

KEEP GOING! You're almost there! I'm so proud of you for trying barefoot running. I definitely get the small blister too, but what's a blister, right? They go away and only make your feet stronger hehe. You definitely need to get Vibrams. Maybe after you finish like week 4 or something. Finishing all of C25K barefoot is pretty intense (but I know you can do it). Just make sure you take time to train up to it. Barefoot is even less padded!

Don't be nervous about running. Just set your sights on the goal and slowly run towards it. You can do it!

Post a Comment