Twitter Follow Me

“ It is not enough to take steps which may some day lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day Sixty-Seven: Day two of C25K

Published by Meg at 10:30 PM

Well I've done day two of the C25K workout program today. I have to say it's not bad. I warm up for 5 minutes, jog/walk the program for the 20 minutes, and cool down for another 5 before heading over to the elliptical. The only complain I have is that by the 6th repeat, my calves start to ache. I stretch for a few minutes before I get on the treadmill--maybe I should be stretching more. I was going to do the third day on Saturday, but I might do it tomorrow seeing as Saturday I plan on going on a 6 mile hike. Plan on going to the Santa Rose Plateau to see the vernal pools and hike the loop. Had to con my mom into going--she didn't want me going alone--but if she sways back to her stance of not wanting to go, I think I'm going to head down there by myself.

Have been eating a bit more than usual lately. Pretty much hitting the roof of my 1800 cal limit. Which is odd considering that up until now I generally had a hard time hitting 1500. Could be due to the fact TOM is coming. Or it could be the homemade meals. Seems I'm hungrier when the food is more appetizing, go figure!

Other than that...it's spring break time! Which pretty much means that, after my psych test today all I want to do is doing some leisure reading, visit a few places, and sleep in!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Are the C25k workouts intense for you? They totally kicked my butt in the beginning. I noticed I was hungrier too and it's probably because you're burning a butt load of calories!

Meg said...

Actually they're not too bad. I feel tired toward the end and by the time I finish that and the elliptical, my legs feel like jello, but overall, I'm surprised I'm not having more difficulty. That's true! Treadmill estimations are necessarily spot on, so I could be burning more calories than it shows (right now total, I'm burning an extra 500cal), which could be why I'm hungrier.

Post a Comment