Twitter Follow Me

“ It is not enough to take steps which may some day lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day Six: Off to a good start

Published by Meg at 4:36 PM

Well it's been six days already and I have to say I'm off to a good--no, great--start. There was one day that I didn't bother too much to count calories, but as I've already decided that I'm going to allot myself one day a month to do that, I'm not disappointed. However, I do wish I had a bit more support from my family, but I knew from the start I probably wouldn't get what I wanted from them, and that's ok.

I'm realizing that when I eat healthier, and even when I'm eating less, I don't have as many cravings and I'm not as hungry as when I was eating nothing but crap. I suppose it's because I'm getting just what my body needs. Right now, though, I'm trying to figure out a way to cut back a little more on the fat. My plan, based on what I know of nutrition and biochem, is that about 40-50% of my calories should be from carbs, and fats and proteins should be between 25-30% each. However, I'd prefer if fat were 20-25%. Something I should work on a bit over the next week.

As far as exercising goes, well, I'm still being lazy. I need to get off my ass and stop making excuses such as the weather and my period (which I'm finally glad I got after not getting one last month. Anyone else have irregular periods when their weight is higher? Something I should see an ob-gyn about, perhaps since it could be something else.) If I'm not doing something 4 day a week by the time I start class, I really should sit down and write out a schedule. I hate doing it, but I tend to stick to things better when they're on paper.

I'm also working on determining and setting some mini-goals--and perhaps "rewards" for them. A little incentive never hurt...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're making a fab start! I started just with the diet, and worked in exercise after. I think as well the rewards are a great idea, I certainly use them.

Keep up the good work!

Post a Comment