Twitter Follow Me

“ It is not enough to take steps which may some day lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day Twenty-Five: Coming out of the Rut

Published by Meg at 8:34 PM

Must say, I am feeling good. I'm happier, healthier, more optimistic, more energetic. Went to work to get my check today and saw my ex talking to my boss--he used to work there with me three years ago--he didn't say hi of course, I had to do that. But honestly, I was relieved to see he'd gained 50lbs, was driving a wreck when he used to own a really nice car, and didn't look all that happy. In fact he looked old. He's about 37 now. 5 years ago he looked like he was still 23. Now, he looks 40. Is it bad that that makes me feel even better?

I've been exercising regularly this week, walks and wii. Even tried a Biggest Loser DVD....yeah I lasted through ten minutes of Level 1. Not good, but I'll keep working at it. I'm a bit sad. I used to be in much better shape, even though I've never been "thin." Used to run laps, play softball, bike. Now, I'm so sedentary. Have to change this, especially since I've re-awoken one of my lifelong goals: climbing Kilimanjaro. Someday, I don't know how, but someday not too far from today, I'll see the top of that mountain. I think all this exercise is making me a bit delusional.

Not only have I been getting more physical activity this week, I've been getting more sun. I won't lie, I'm paranoid of too much sunlight. So much so that I wear long sleeves outside, gallons of sunblock, and still stick to the shade. But I've been reading some of the newer findings on Vitamin D--the possibility of it reducing the risk of cancer and even slowing tumors or shrinking them, as well as its effect on depression--and honestly, I need to get my ass out in the sun. Sure I can get skin cancer, but if I wear spf I probably won't. Not to mention, skin cancer, if caught early on, is curable.

Almost one month now, and I feel like I'm going strong. This is it. This is the time it all works. Slow but steady progress, that's all I need.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hugs to you!!!

(glad the x looked like shite. LOL)

Anna said...

I'm paranoid about getting skin cancer too, but my dermatologist always says just take the proper precautions and things should be ok.

HAHA about the ex. That is always awesome!

Anonymous said...

You're doing great - congrats on the boosted exercise!

Sun really does help with depression, and if you are taking precautions such as sunblock and avoid the sun betwen 12pm and 2pm you will be fine. I have incredibly fair skin, but with the care you'll be fine :)

And I hope you felt like "HAAHAHAHAHHA EX YOU SUCK!" I would have :)

Meg said...

Thanks! *hugs*

And I soo did! I was jumping up and down on the inside.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll be ok with spf, I'm just naturally paranoid. And yay for being "incredibly fair!"

Anonymous said...

May sound lame, but Wii Boxing is one of the best workouts I do. Also, if it weren't for the Wii, I wouldn't be walking right now, lol. Never underestimate the powers of the Wii. I'm glad the ex looked terrible. Remember the lizards, dear.

Post a Comment