Twitter Follow Me

“ It is not enough to take steps which may some day lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day Sixteen: Utter disaster

Published by Meg at 10:32 PM

First day back in a classroom in over a year. It was horrible. Only had two hours of sleep last night; couldn't get to bed for the life of me. I had a flat on the way to a class I'm wait listed in, so I didn't have time to call AAA to get it fixed because I HAD to be there--don't even think I'll get into it now. Had to use a can of fix-a-flat...not the best solution. But, it got me there. Then before my lecture for said class I had three hours, so I went to get it fixed. Luckily all the guys at the tire place were nice and it was free. Even helped loosen my jack since I couldn't get it out earlier. Went back to finish the lecture for the chem class I probably won't even take, and I start falling asleep during it. To the point where I literally don't know how long my eyes have been closed. It was only 1pm and I had two more classes. No way I was going to make it through them. So, I went home, emailed them, told them I had a flat and since I have the documentation to prove I did, they won't drop me.

I'm just really disappointed in myself right now. I ate too much today--though just over my 1800 calorie limit. And worse, I didn't go to all my classes. I can't fall into this habit. Yes, I only had two hours of sleep, and yes, the flat tire stress made me even more exhausted, but that doesn't excuse laziness. In that end, that's what it was. I was too lazy to push myself through it. I'm just glad I didn't binge on the candy my mom has laying around. At least, I was resilient enough for that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try not to stress too hard Meg.

You had a bad day (in more ways than one!) but as you said, you didn't binge and that is a hugely positive thing!

School is hard. Trust me I know. But you can do it. Utilise all your student support systems - they're there for you to take advantage of and to help you through school. It's ok to ask them for help.

Be strong love, you *can* do this. xx

Anonymous said...

You handled a really stressful day, on virtually no sleep, with about as much aplomb as could be humanly expected of anyone. Other than learning to get your butt in bed when you need to, not much to be learned about from the experience. :: hugs ::

Anonymous said...

p.s. you have a bad link for me on your blogroll. I'm not (permanently) at:

http://thesunnylife.com

:)

Meg said...

Thank you both! *hugs* That's true Mango, I could have reached right for the candy. So I should be proud that I handled as well as I did. I can't expect change overnight, but I'm just going to try my best. Honestly, I don't even think I've ever really utilized our student resources other than some academic advising. It would probably be good to look into those some more and make time for more help.

I agree Sunny, I really need to just learn to stop and sleep. It's just not healthy.

Also, fixed the link. I thought I had put that one last time, must have fudged up, but thanks for letting me know!

Post a Comment